festive friday stars



there is this very, very super-fun, awesome Christmasy blog called Festive Friday.  have you heard of it?  it's the brainchild of my friend, Meredith MacRitchie, and every 2 weeks she and her talented team of designers bring you an idea and a challenge to help you make holiday cards all year long!  i love this idea and it really helps!  plus, i don't know about you, but every year when the holiday season comes to a close, i'm always sad to put away my papers, stamps, and embellishments, always feeling like there were so many more things i wanted to make.  Festive Friday is the perfect fix for that!  please, please, please go check it out!



i was beyond thrilled when Meredith asked me to be a guest designer this month.  and when she sent me the element challenge photo, i was even happier.  the theme is stars and i was already planning to fully incorporate stars into my holidays this year.  the star challenge gave me a head start and i became immersed in them while creating these cards!


the first card i'm showing you was actually the second one i made, but it ended up being my favorite of the two.  i used basic supplies, some that all of us probably have in our stash.  the wood stars are from Studio Calico; aren't they so tiny and cute?  {WARNING: they're going to be all over my projects this season!}   i love the simple message on the card, too, which i think we should all do at Christmastime.

 

i like the red and silver on this card, which features the City Sidewalks collection from Pink Paislee.  i adore this line from them; i had it last year but didn't get to use it much.  i happily broke it out for my Festive Friday feature!



i also used my silver leaf paint pen quite a bit here.  i used it to paint the small white tag in the above photo, as well as the chipboard star below.  a little swatch of lace, some tiny acrylic stars, silver stitching...this card was much more involved than my other card.  they're totally different, in fact.  



there's still time to play along with this week's challenge at FF; the contest closes Wednesday, October 9th.  and make sure you check back every Friday for more inspiration--trust me, it's not too early to start thinking about your holiday cards!

have a smashing Sunday!

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca