playing catch-up


Hello!!  I'm playing "card catch-up" this week.  I've made so many cards lately but haven't had a chance to post them.  I actually made these two back in February, I think!  A bit late, yes?


This duo is made from the Styleboard collection, a Maggie Holmes line for Crate Paper.  As I write this, I'm hopeful that her latest, Open Book, is on the truck to be delivered today.  It's kind of ridiculous to hope for that since I received a wonderful box of Gossamer Blue goodies yesterday and they're still sitting in the box because I haven't had a chance to put them away yet.  And the Silhouette Cameo that I got on September 19th?  Yeah, still unopened, sitting by the front door.  And then, for some reason (I think it was peer pressure), I was compelled to acquire some of that Heidi Swapp Project Life product that everyone's using and raving about.  Haven't opened that, either.  It's a disease!   



Now that I'm looking at these cards again, it makes me want to revisit Styleboard.  There's still time, I guess, because it doesn't appear that Open Book will be arriving today.  The cream/black dot paper was my favorite in the collection and those pretty, pretty colors...I definitely need to do more with this "old" line.  If only the days had a million hours in them instead of just 24, right?


And if I took out my Cameo, set it up, and learned to use it, I could be making my own vellum cutouts.  It's good to have dreams.  I'll tell you, though, I'm working on something really, really fun today that is a bit different from the things I normally make.  It is the absolute perfect fall project and I'll be sharing it in October on the Gossamer Blue blog.


Back to those GB collections...thought you might want a peek.  I took this photo as soon as they arrived at my door yesterday.  I had already been working with the warm, autumn-themed Gramercy Road (look up ^), but I am so in love with On My Desk, you don't even know!  Those bright colors, the gold, all of those tiny wood veneer pieces?  Heaven!  And I think Get Happy is definitely going to be my favorite Christmas collection this year.  I have a feeling this stuff will go quick so if you like what you see here, you'd better hurry over to the GB shop and scoop it up!


Then when you're done doing that, I'm hoping to have this pretty stuff listed in my Etsy shop in a day or two...gold, silver, and white shimmery tinsel twine.  It is delicious!


Have a lovely evening!

Comments